This recipe has changed my life. Seriously – these are perfect for those afternoon (or morning) sweet cravings and the best part is, they are so insanely simple.
Despite only containing three simple ingredients, these stuffed dates coated in chocolate turn into the most delicious caramel-y gooey treat when stored in the freezer. Game changer, honestly!
Make in batches and store for a treat any time of day.
Recipe makes 8 stuffed dates – gluten free, dairy free and vegan.
1 pack of medjool dates – ideally 8 or more to a pack
A small jar/tub of peanut butter (I prefer crunchy but you can go smooth too!)
75g dark chocolate (make sure this is dairy free if you follow a dairy free diet. NB some of the dairy free milk alternatives don’t melt too well, I find dark chocolate works better)
Sea salt – optional
Chilli flakes – optional
Crushed almonds – optional
Desiccated coconut – optional
- Carefully cut down the middle of each date, making sure you don’t cut all the way through and remove the pip in the middle. Repeat for all the dates.
2. Take a teaspoon and carefully spoon a teaspoon of peanut butter into every single date. It’s okay if it spills out the top a little, but try to make it even.
3. Melt your dark chocolate in the microwave in short bursts so it doesn’t curdle, or alternatively melt in a bowl over a pan of boiling water.
4. Roll your peanut butter stuffed dates in the dark chocolate until they are fully covered, and repeat for every single one.
5. Toppings are optional – sea salt adds a great contrast to the toffee gooey ness, chilli adds a great kick if you’re a fan of chilli chocolate and almonds/coconut add a extra bite.
6. Now put them in a plastic container and store in the freezer for about 2-3 hours.
7. Keep in freezer and eat at your hearts content!