The festive season is the perfect chance to try some new treats and goodies – and this spiced cookie recipe is a total winner. They are completely gluten free, sugar free AND vegan too! I promise they do actually taste delicious. These will keep in an airtight container for up to a week, so they make a perfect Christmas offering at a party. Pop them in a festive box as a little present – or keep them for yourself… just try not to eat them all at once!
200g ground almonds
180g rice flour
95ml maple syrup
2 tablespoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 tablespoon of chia seeds
Some icing to decorate! I used pre made tube icing from a regular supermarket
Fun or festive cookie cutters
- Pre heat the oven at 180C and cover a couple of baking trays with baking parchment.
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl, ass 100ml water and mix into a sticky dough forms. Make sure you sieve the flour!
- Cover a worktop and a rolling pin with rice flour and get your dough mixture onto the surface. Roll out into a 1-2cm thickness and completely smooth.
- Use your chosen cutter to cut as many cookies as you can from the mixture and place on your baking tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Check around 15 minutes and leave for longer if needed.
- When baked, remove from oven and leave on baking tray until cool.
- Now time to get creative! Decorate with your desired pattern and let the icing set.
- Enjoy with a hot drink! Perfect dipped in hot chocolate – yum!!