This recipe is an absolute winter warmer and totally indulgent. I mean dark chocolate for breakfast? Errrr, hello!
Top secret ingredient is the source of the dark chocolate, making it totally delicious and rich.
So, how do you make this badboy you ask? Read below…
Serves 1. Dairy free, gluten free and vegan.
- 50g rice flakes
- 250ml of nut milk (I used almond, but hazelnut or cashew would be equally delicious)
- Handful of frozen berries
- Handful of Montezumas dark chocolate… or some other good quality dark chocolate
- Mixed chopped nuts
- Date syrup
- Place the rice flakes and the almond milk in a bowl and mix together.
- Pop your frozen berries in a small pan and heat on a medium heat. Add a little date syrup to sweeten and let the berries soften.
- Put in the Microwave for on full power for two minutes.
- Once the rice flake and milk porridge is done, take it out of the oven, give a quick stir and leave to stand for a minute. This is important as it thickens as it stands.
- Your fruit should be softening now and looking bubbly and warm. Take off the heat.
- Take your dark chocolate (in my case, secret ingredients, Montezumas dark chocolate buttons!), and pop them into the porridge. They will melt instantly with the heat of the porridge, giving you a lovely gooey mixture.
- Pop on the warm berries, sprinkle over the chopped nuts and squeeze over the date syrup. Bon appetit!