I posed this recipe on my Instagram recently and it went down so well, I thought I’d share this super easy recipe. I find this quite a comfort food, whilst being super tasty and nutritious. It also happens to take under 20 minutes – RESULT! DF, GF and could be adapted to vegan & low residue.
Serves 1. Gluten free and dairy free. Vegetables could be swapped in for low residue options and salmon replaced with tofu for a vegan dish.
- 1 salmon fillet
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed or chopped
- 1 tspn chilli flakes
- 3 tblspn tamari sauce
- 2 tspn rice vinegar
- Thumb of ginger, finely chopped
- 1 medium size aubergine, cut into chunks
- Handful of mange tout
- Shiitake mushrooms (as many as you fancy!), chopped in half
- Half a red onion, chopped finely
- Handful of spinach
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Handful of brown rice noodles
- Put your ginger, chilli, garlic, rice vinegar and tamari sauce in a bowl and mix together. Slip your salmon fillet into the bowl and marinade.
- Chop up all your vegetables, whilst heating a little sesame oil in a wok. This oil adds great flavour!!
- Slip your marinaded salmon fillet into the wok and let it sizzle for around 6-7 minutes. Then add the red onion, mange tout and aubergine. Feel free to add more tamari sauce if it’s looking a little dry.
- Boil a pan of water and slip in your rice noodles and simmer according to the packet.
- After 4-5 minutes of your veggies sizzling, add your mushrooms. Drizzle everything in more tamari sauce for flavour!
- Drain your rice noodles and add spinach to your vegetable mix. Your salmon is cooked once it flakes naturally. Serve the vegetables on top of the noodles, and top with the salmon fillet. Sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve!