Two weeks is turning to four… and that’s okay. Whilst I’m already feeling so much better in myself, I’m not completely out of the woods yet. Here’s hoping one whole golden month will do the trick!
In light of this news, I’ve made a very comprehensive list of the pros of not eating (surprisingly, there are quite a few!)
Pro’s of not eating
- I’m saving a tonne of money – I literally haven’t spent a penny since Sunday. In central London, this is astounding
- I am giving my body a total detox and rest
- I am curing my own pain… which is a weirdly satisfying feeling
- I am testing my willpower to the absolute MAX – after this, I reckon I could do anything
- Did I mention I’m saving a load money?
- My bikini bod is going to need very limited work (this is probably a good time to say that for the record, I am not doing this diet for weight loss reasons! A few pounds shed is merely a bonus)
- This blog – despite the subject matter, I am actually really loving writing this blog
- I am raising awareness for Crohns and Colitis – and helping people understand these cruel conditions. (No, I did not get Crohns because I eat badly! Yes, someone has actually asked me that.)
- Oh yeah, and I’m saving loads of money.
Unfortunately, there are also some cons to not eating…
- Not eating is actually quite a major con in itself
- As is not drinking (especially Starbucks and alcohol)
- People keep asking me ‘Are you ok?’, with a sympathetic head tilt that you reserve for people you feel sorry for. It gets rather annoying after a while
- I keep accidentally staring at people when they eat. Strangers, colleagues, friends… anyone really. Which has resulted in some very awkward eye contact moments.
So really, there are actually more pros than cons. Apparently…